APR features a balanced experience in the aeronautical field with the enthusiasm of a skilled team of engineers. APR has grown with the passion for five axes simultaneous machining. Starting from the 3D CAD models (or any text-file geometry) APR is able to supply single and production parts for complex components out of forgings, bars, plates and almost any profile, such as impellers and integrally bladed disks. APR machining centres provide capability up to 1500 mm diameter, for both flank and point milling in HSC technology, with a wide range of materials such as stainless steels, high refractory alloys, titanium and aluminium alloys. APR supplies complete components, starting from raw material through non-destructive tests and special processes relying on a cluster of aerospace- qualified sources closed to Turin and worldwide (US and EU mainly). APR is the ideal development & production partner for vertical solutions in the following sectors: Aero Engines, Space, Power Generation, Offshore & Marine. APR 5-axes machining core business is appreciated by some of the main aero-engine and aero-structure OEM for production of complex parts for in any alloy up to 2500 mm: ribs, frames, brackets, supports, links. The APR’s Quality System is certified: UNI EN ISO 9001:2009, AS/EN/JISQ 9100 and includes its main international Customers qualifications. APR serves Avio, Turbomeca, AgustaWestland, GKN Aerospace, Alenia-Aermacchi, GE Oil&Gas, Alstom, Ingersoll Rand, MAN Diesel & Turbo, Drivetrain-HST, among others.
Knowledge of the main technical and cost factors of traditional manufacturing processes for critical Aerospace parts allows APR to be able to draw reliable business cases against innovative AM techniques. APR’s role and aim:
- Provide expertise in the milling sequence of AM components.
- Provide background in the production cycle analysis of aerospace parts, as reference for new AM processes.
- Become one active partner for alternative AM manufacturing solutions.
- Develop deeper AM process knowledge (at a typical SME level), from early design to application, increasing knowledgeability on certification and regulatory aspects.
- Provide parts for manufacturing.